By Tiffany Coles, Director of Corporate Outreach
The other day Rod and I were driving in the car and I realized that I had not ordered tickets to an event that we are attending. I wanted to make sure to order the tickets before it slipped my mind, so I simply pulled out my phone and ordered the tickets. I also received confirmation of the order via email, which I was able to see on my phone. The process, from start to finish, took literally minutes and I was able to complete it before Rod even reached our destination. I tell this story because I remember the days before cell phones and smartphones. I remember having to physically make a telephone call from a land-line and talk to a person to order tickets. I think it is fantastic I can complete a task like this in such an expedited fashion now.
While I may still find wonder in the fact that I can do all this from my phone, the reality is, better mobile access is now the norm and is simply expected in today’s world. Here are some interesting statistics:
- There are over 6.8 billion people who use mobile phones – that’s roughly 87% of the world’s population (Source: Wikipedia)
- Mobile digital media time in the U.S. is now significantly higher, at 51%, compared to desktop time at 42%. (Source: Smart Insights, July 2015)
- Today nearly two-thirds of Americans own a smartphone, and 19% of Americans rely to some degree on a smartphone for accessing online services and information and for staying connected to the world around them. (Source: Pew Research Center, April 2015)
Our tagline at Bold Technologies is Innovation. Service. Experience. We strive to provide innovative solutions, offer the best service to our customers, and put our years of experience developing alarm monitoring software to good use. We know that our customers have dealers and subscribers that are using their phones to manage their business and, therefore, we must provide mobile solutions to meet today’s business needs.
Enter BoldNetNEO, Bold’s newest web access system with a completely new HTML5 interface that works with any mobile device. If you haven’t taken a look at BoldNetNEO, we think you will be impressed! The most important feature is that BoldNetNEO is fast. We have ditched Silverlight and users will experience a notable increase in BoldNetNEO’s speed in comparison to the Silverlight client. BoldNetNEO also offers a better visual design with a comprehensive layout that makes data easier to find and update. Finally, one of our favorite additions to BoldNetNEO is the Customer Wizard which walks users through the steps necessary to create a new customer.
Other new features of BoldNetNEO include:
- Inline searching on contacts, programming, activity, etc.
- Inline editing for schedules
- Help text included with options
- Easy access to on-test and customer status
If you’d like to take a look at BoldNetNEO’s features, and see how it can provide you with better mobile access, you can log on to our demo site and give it a try! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your credentials.